Sam’s practice is focused on land use and planning, with a focus on the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). Sam has a strong commitment to client service, developed while serving as Director of Coffee and later Director of Operations for a coffee roasting company prior to law school.
Sam earned his law degree from King Hall, at the University of California, Davis. During law school Sam served as a summer extern with the Sacramento Superior Court’s Legal Research Department. Sam also worked as a research assistant for Professor Christopher Elmendorf, researching issues related to California housing law and policy, and for the law school as an individual tutor for first year law students. He also was an editor of the Business Law Journal. Sam worked for Thomas Law Group starting at the end of his second year of law school and throughout his third year before joining as an associate after passing the bar.
- J.D., University of California, Davis, 2020
- Environmental Law Certificate, 2020
- Public Service Certificate, 2020
- Pro Bono Certificate, 2020
- , Philosophy, University of California, Santa Cruz, 2011
Admissions to Courts
- California State Courts
Honors & Awards
- Order of the Coif
- Witkin Award for Local Government Law
- Witkin Award for Contracts
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship Recipient, King Hall School of Law
- Dean’s Honors List, University of California, Santa Cruz