Andrew helps clients get projects done. Although the permitting process can be confusing and daunting, Andrew has extensive experience navigating clients though the morass and helping them achieve their objectives. He has represented all types of clients, including cities, public transportation agencies, housing developers, mining companies, water districts, warehouse and commercial developers, school districts, and many more.
From the first inklings of a project, Andrew provides strategic guidance on entitlement considerations and getting a project through the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) processes, with a primary goal of avoiding litigation. But, should litigation ensue, Andrew is adept at defending project approvals in both federal and state court, having successfully defended both public agencies and private developers when their projects are challenged under CEQA and NEPA.
Andrew started his legal career in the Los Angeles offices of Mayer Brown and Latham & Watkins, before moving to Northern California, where he most recently worked for the Sacramento office of Best Best & Krieger. Since moving to Sacramento, Andrew has been heavily involved in the community, serving as a Board Member for the Sacramento Metro Chamber of Commerce, President of the Greater Broadway Business Improvement District, and a Board Member for the Urban Land Institute’s Young Leaders Group. He is a housing advocate in underserved neighborhoods and, in that regard, has personally developed multi-family housing—an experience that helps him better understand and empathize with the challenges faced by his clients.
Andrew received his law degree from the College of William & Mary Law School, where he served on the William & Mary Law Review. He received a B.A. in German and Political Science from the University of Utah.
- J.D., College of William & Mary Law School, 2005
- B.A., German and Political Science, University of Utah, 2000
- California State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section, Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Environmental Law Section, Member
- Urban Land Institute’s Young Leaders Group, Board Member
- Sacramento Metro Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Greater Broadway Business Improvement District, Board Member
- Friends of Kings River v. County of Fresno (2014) 232 Cal.App.4th 105